Sunday, 13 September 2026

Bradshaw & Soil Hill

13:30 - 16:00

I was caught out yet again by the hot weather and spent most of my outing carrying a bag full of clothes!

Usual stuff - Taylor Lane - Soil Hill - Ned Hill Track - Bradshaw.

Nothing new on offer alas.

I went 'half way' down the north slope but with 'weeds' at head height (3 feet) and too much perspiration I turned back.

A calling Chiffchaff accompanied my tuneful grunt on the way back up.

Birds:-

2 Swallow.

Kestrel.

C30 Goldfinch.

c20 Meadow Pipit.

c20 Linnet.

(A possible Stonechat on soil hill east side wall was away before I could see it properly,

I did hang around a good while but the miserable sod did not reappear).

3 Skylark.

3 Grey Partridge

1 Red Legged Partridge

Chiffchaff.

Stock Dove.

Plus a few regulars.






No comments:

Post a Comment