Sunday, 4 October 2026

Bradshaw - Soil Hill Top - Ogden Water - Bradshaw Farm Track

9:45 - 13:45

A cool sunny morning warmed up but clouded up a bit as I enjoyed a 4 hour birding walk today.
Pretty quiet on Soil Hill Top but Meadow Pipit were popping up all around and 3 Skylark were up there.

I enjoyed my Yorkie Bar and a coffee when I got to Ogden Water and I did one circuit of the water.

I fared a bit better today with a few birds 'saying hello.

The water remains stubbornly low but there is rain in this week's forecast.

Lots of Pinkies reported going west but I did not see any in my bit of sky - in fact the sky was very quiet.

Birds:-

Soil Hill Area:

Wren. Robin. c30 Meadow Pipit.
3 Pheasant. 3 Skylark.

Ogden Area:

Kestrel. Buzzard. 
F. Goosander.
c170 Gulls.
3 Nuthatch.
1 Tufted Duck.
1 Cormorant. 
1 Great Spotted Woodpecker.
2 Grey Wagtail. 
1 Pied Wagtail.
Chaffinch. Goldfinch. 2 Bullfinch.
1 Little Grebe,
1 Teal.

After Ogden - Just 11 Canada Geese worth mentioning on the way home.

An hour, before dusk,  up the local fields brought nothing worth a mention alas.









Little & Large.



Large Gull High Over the House This Aft.





 






No comments:

Post a Comment