Saturday, 3 October 2026

Local Fields - This Evening

I picked Abby up from school on Friday and she stayed overnight 
It was good to have her company on Saturday and we had a short park visit where we lobbed a tennis ball at a baseball bat and tried to whack it as far as we could.

Later, on her way back to Wakefield,  we met up with her dad at Hipperholme.

There were very many pony and trap types coming up the road and I wondered if they were going to the Appleby horse fair - but checking the web-thing the fair happens in June.

This evening after a late tea I had a wander up the local fields where it was bright and sunny.
There were 20 or so bullocks in the fields further along, so I did not cross them.

Birds:-

Pheasant.
2 Little Owl.
Kestrel.
12 Canada Geese.

c20 Small birds way way off, on a telegraph line that I thought were Goldfinch - not sure now - the photo is rubbish.

Pied Wagtail.
Green Woodpecker called.
A Heron - way, way off on the Bradshaw Pond.
3 Starlings.




Goldfinch - or maybe not!!




No comments:

Post a Comment