Thursday 18 August 2016

Hollingworth Lake


We enjoyed a short break with Emma and Abigail this week.

The weather was cracking the flags and there were lots of people strolling around the Lake.

I took a few pics from the lakeside and later I managed a short trip up onto the moors one evening, it was beautiful scenery but the birds were scarce.

At one point I thought I’d got a long, long range Hobby and I got a dose of the jitters, wondering whether to go for camera or bins.
I opted for the bins and had to smile, the would be Hobby was in fact a Goldfinch, sat on a thistle!
The combination of the thistle and the Red of the Goldfinch gave the impression of a Falcon – honest.
This must rate as the most stupid ID error of all time! 

A few pics.


Loads of Swallow on the telephone lines





The Gull on the right looks 'odd' - most. prob a trick of the light though




Bird in the background? Starling I think










No comments:

Post a Comment