Saturday 18 February 2017

Shibden Park


10:30 - 12:00

It was Abigail's scooter morning this morning with Emma at Shibden Park.

The usual birds were about, Black Headed Gulls, Mute Swan, Coot, Moorhen and Mallard.

2 Song Thrush were singing high in the trees and 3 Mistle Thrush landed together in the trees by the playground.

It is a bit of a task keeping up with Abigail and trying to bird watch!

Whilst lobbing the football between all four of us, Sue shouted "Up there" pointing skywards as Pink Footed Geese flew north(ish) up the valley.

I just had time for 2 pictures before they were gone.
I phoned B.S. to say I'd seen '20' (I think) Pink Footed Geese possibly heading his way, then it was back to Football lobbing.

We had a break in the cafe where I took a closer look at the photos and realised my original estimate of 20 Geese was miles off the mark!! 
There were c85 Pink Footed Geese.

Sorry for the 'misinformation'.

Earlier a look at the Raggalds Flood reveal plenty of juice and a few Mallard.
Raggalds Flood.


Shibden Park





















4 comments:

  1. Thanks for the call John, must have gone to the west of me. Not be many more sightings now although had them into early March.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wondered if the Pinkies were heading back north for the spring/summer as opposed to coming south for the winter?
    John

    ReplyDelete
  3. The colours on that gulls wings are amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cheers Dave - some very pretty BHG's about.
    A bit noisy when the bread comes out though!
    John

    ReplyDelete