Friday 31 March 2017

Bradshaw Area

After yesterday's plethora of moorland birds, a more sedate outing today.

12:30 - 16:00

The usual walk today through Bradshaw Park, across the fields to Holdsworth copse, back along the Calderdale Way Path to Oats Royd and a detour on the way home via Bradshaw Hall.

A Pied Wagtail was on the Cricket field.

It was very warm out of the breeze at Oats Royd but quite cool in the breeze elsewhere. 
2 Fishermen were enjoying their pastime at the new fishing area.

Holdsworth Copse.

Usual birds here, Coal Tit, Chaffinch, Great Tit...

On the way to Oats Royd a couple of Meadow Pipit were seen and my first Butterfly of the year.

Oats Royd.

Oats Royd had 3 singing Chiffchaff.
One gave me the run around, big style, as it flitted from tree to tree singing. 15 minutes later, I still did not have a picture.

Another Raptor Mystery.

A noisy Carrion Crow was rising to meet a raptor above the conifers over Roper Lane.
The Raptor rose easily avoiding the Crow, then the Raptor plummeted straight down, with amazing speed for say 50 feet - levelled off and flew out of sight over Roper Lane - quite a sight.

No B! picture, again!

Not a lot else found here - 2 Moorhen, 2 Mallard and a new sp. for me down here, a Red Legged Partridge.

On the footpath above Bradshaw Hall a Kestrel was hunting.
A couple of Meadow Pipits were in the fields and a pr. Red Legged Partridge flushed from under my boots!

After a thorough search of the wall tops, I though I'd dipped on the Little Owl - the bird I'd come this way to see.
However, I did spot it on the return leg.

A calling Greenfinch and a couple of Mistle Thrush competed the outing with a 3 duck fly past - they look like Drake Mallard to me.







Holdsworth Copse





There was a Red Legged Partridge in here - somewhere.


Today's Hen Party


















No comments:

Post a Comment