Thursday 30 March 2017

Local Moors

10:00 - 12:30 (ish)

An enjoyable outing this morning, that started out anything but!
Rain, blown along by a strong Southerly wind, greeted me as I got out of the car to put me boots on.

The weather did improve as the morning progressed but it remained very dull, mostly, but I went home very happy with the birds I'd seen today.

Birds:-

Curlew in good voice, lots of Meadow Pipit, 3 Oystercatcher, Skylarks up singing in the rain and wind and Lapwing darting about.

Pheasant, distant Common Gulls and Lesser Black-backed Gulls on a wall and some large Gulls overhead.

Chipping Common Snipe in the reeds, and a real treat, and a first for me a displaying Snipe drumming overhead.

Red Grouse, Pr. Raven being mobbed by Lapwing.
Canada Geese.

The bird(s) that I came here to look for, left it until I was nearly back at the car, to make their appearance.

2 Wheatear were together on a wall and when they left the wall for the field they was a third seen in the field.

Always great to get a March Wheatear.








































Not the best video you will have seen - but for me an exciting moment!!

P1350385 from Bradshaw Rambler on Vimeo.


1 comment: