Friday 10 November 2017

√Soil Hill A.M. / Ogden P.M.


Soil Hill 10:50 - 12:15 .

I set off for Ogden via the Raggalds and Soil Hill in bright sunshine with just a bit of a cold breeze.
All was fine until I got to Soil Hill where the breeze was gale like. 

2 guys were maintaining the comms. mast - not a nice task in this weather.

The lower Shay fields held a large Lapwing flock, too distant for my tackle to discern if there were Goldies in amongst.

Along the north side some heavy, face stinging nasty wet stuff had me rethink my walk to Ogden.
I decided to go to Ogden later, in the car, and I headed back to Percy Road.

Birds:

The Bradshaw Little Owl was playing hide an seek, again, but after counting to 100 I found it's hiding place.

The Bonnet fields had a good supply of Common Gulls with just 4 or so Black Headed Gulls on the Raggalds flood.

Climbing Percy Road a large flock of Startling were feeding in the fields - too many for my pocket abacus (counts up to two) but there were two groups with 200 (ish) in each group.

Soil Hill was GRIM, cold and wet.

Along Taylor Lane a Red Legged Partridge flushed from the roadside.


Ogden 13:15

After lunch I took the car to Ogden.
I did a circuit of the water, bumping into B.S. who was doing the rounds.
Yesterdays Teal had vamoosed, as expected and not much of interest had taken their place.

I kept an eye out for the Chaffinch flock but did not see it.

A flock of 20 Canada Geese flew over, just above head height, honking.
They did wave, but I did not recognise any of them.

Just small gulls and Mallards here with a Cormorant out in the middle of the water.

I'm sat with a coffee and a Walnut Whip, while my gear dries out,  so things ain't tooooooo bad really.





Anyone care to count these?














No comments:

Post a Comment