Monday 13 August 2018

Bridlington


We took Abigail and Emma to Bridlington for a short holiday during the school break.

I manged to take a look at the harbour area and take a few photos.

The usual mass of Herring Gull of all ages were seen.

Juv. Kittiwake were flitting about the harbour and seemed to be feeding easily.
They really are beautiful birds to see in flight.
Adult Kittiwake were on the harbour walls with c30 Turnstone here and there along the harbour area.

In one photo 1 Turnstone is with the Kittiwake and there are other waders with them, these could be Redshank, but at the long distance I am struggling to ID them with any confidence,

A small flock of 5 waders passed quickly overhead as I walked along the coast late one evening.
I manged a poor photo of the birds which I think may be Knot.
Again, not being accustomed to seeing many Waders and especially in flight, I may well be mistaken on the Identity of these birds.
The South Shore car park had many Pied Wagtail.
A good scan did not reveal and Yellow Wags though.

Hope you enjoy the photos.

I've been keeping my eye on the blogs while I've been away and I'm looking forward to seeing Big Bertha2 photos!!











Mallard presumably



Kittiwake, Turnstone and possibly Redshank - not sure.







Waders passing at speed possibly Knot?




Late evening Gulls overhead

And finally... a jerky video...




No comments:

Post a Comment