Monday 17 December 2018

Brighouse - along the canal

10:30 - 12:30

An enjoyable couple of hours in a different location to my recent Soil Hill visits!
A beautiful bright and sunny morning and a walk along the Canal at Brighouse.
I did not have time to call at the feeding station today.
It was a pleasure to bump into JM along the way.

Birds:-

c20 Redwing
Long Tailed Tit
13 Cormorant on the pylon
2 Jay, Moorhen
c20 Redpoll - none of which seemed interested in sitting for a photo.
Heron
2 Goosander

A Kingfisher was kindly pointed out to me by a couple walking past.

The usual Gulls were on the ski lake (as far as I could tell) the view of the lake is somewhat obscured by bushes and trees.
One of the Gulls was a 1st Winter Herring Gull I believe.









The best of a bunch of photos!












Awesome Redpoll Video!




5 comments:

  1. Nice to get some Redpoll John and a Kingfisher always special.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cheers Dave - next objective is to get a decent Repoll photo!
    Oh, and some Waxwing!
    John

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi John, it's Larry who you bump into now and again. I've got the sx60 HS. It's got the same zoom range as th sx70. I bought it in January this year for a specific purpose. I used it once and realised that bridge cameras didn't suit me. It is in mint condition. I'd be thinking about £250. Email me if you're interested. I'd be happy to let you try it for a few weeks without any pressure to buy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Larry, thanks for the offer.
      I'll be in touch after our Christmas "visits".
      Hope you get this - I don't have your email address and your comment shows as "unknown"
      Happy Christmas
      John

      Delete
    2. Hi John email ldarigan@gmail.com

      Delete