Saturday 12 January 2019

Local Stroll to Soil Hill

13:40 - 15:15

A dull drizzly sort of day.

Not much birding time today with Abi and Emma to entertain and with Abi's dad's birthday meal later in the day.

A walk up and around Soil Hill was all I could manage where , along the west side of the hill , it was hard to stand up in the gale force wind.

I left home with a waterproof rucksack cover and returned 'bart'.

Birds:-

Not surprisingly there was not a lot on offer.

Collard Dove, House Sparrow.
A sad sight of a dead Goldfinch, probably hit by a car on Bradshaw Lane.
A few Blackbirds and 3 hardy Meadow Pipit battling the gale on the hill.

Taylor Lane field held a massive Starling Flock.
The usual small Gulls were here and there during the outing.






Have you seen my 'Tupperware' - I'm sure I had it yesterday.




No comments:

Post a Comment