Thursday 25 February 2021

Bradshaw - Soil Hill Circular

 I had a walk up to and over Soil Hill and back via Matthew's Farm and East View Farm.

It was flipping cold and very windy along Soil Hill top, keeping most birds silent and unseen!

Lower down things improved a bit in the sunshine.

Birds:-

No Little Owl(s) again! After some lengthy scans.

Soil Hill was quiet although I stuck to the contour path for the most part.

A Moorhen and 2 Mallard were on the NK pond.

A group of Herring Gulls were seen along Taylor Lane and a few flew past, seen from Soil Hill Top.

1 Meadow Pipit heard and a slight burble that may have been a Skylark or may not.

Ned Hill Lane - Farm Track etc.

A distant Buzzard was being mobbed by a crow beyond Stoney Royd Farm at the bottom of Ned Hill Rd.

A few Common Gulls about.

A Mistle Thrush was in the farm fields.

The usual Jackdaw crew were here.

A few other species but I found it hard going today.

Taking me boots off outside the house I grape vined 2 Raven calling and chasing each other way off over Rope Lane towards the Raggalds.

Looking at the tail shape on the distant photos, though, I think one or maybe both birds are Carrion Crows?

Although I thought Carrion Crows would not be fighting one another?





Distant Buzzard


Carrion Crow, Raven, or one of each:-











1 comment: