Saturday 27 February 2021

Soil Hill and Bradshaw

 A walk around Soil Hill and home via Ned Hill Lane and the farm track this aft.

Struggled a bit today after playing football with Abi in the park just before the walk.

Soil Hill:

2 Skylark, 3 Lapwing, 3Mallard, Moorhen.

Herring Gull, Common Gull, Black Headed Gull.

Elsewhere:

Along the farm tack I though I heard a Tawny Owl calling.

2 calls with a short gap both of the Hoot - Hoot variety (before it packed in)  came from north of me, somewhere near Ned Hill Bottom.

I could be mistaken - not sure if they call during daylight hours?

I definitely heard a Little Owl call from nr. Soil Hill End Farm - I've seen them here before - but I did not see this one alas.

Further along the track, a Pheasant and the usual small birds with a band of Jackdaw.

A Little Owl was on a broken down wall hereabouts. At least I saw this one and got a photograph!

An hour or two in the garden, this morning, watching the sky failed to bring much of interest








No comments:

Post a Comment