Friday 28 January 2022

Bradshaw - Ogden circular.

A bright and breezy mild morning , drizzle and very grotty this afternoon.

I took the low route to Ogden Water via the farm fields to Ned Hill Road this morning.

For a change of scenery I had a grunt up to the Giant's Tooth for a good scout round.

This walk from home used to be a doddle but I'm beginning to feel my age nowadays.

Mind you, I can always find something of interest to allow me to stop for a sneaky breather.

A bit more happening today but my hoped for Crossbill, Siskin or Redpoll still eluded me ( along with tons of other species!!).

Birds:-

2 Little Owl.

4 Stock Dove.

2 Singing Mistle Thrush.

3 Red Legged Partridge.

2 Raven.

3 Red Grouse.

Buzzard.

Kingfisher.

Kestrel.

A Green Woodpecker was in the trees opposite our house this afternoon, a nice bonus.






Illingworth from Giant's Tooth


Soil Hill from Giant's Tooth

Raven Photos



I thought this was a Raven at the time.
2 Ravens were definitely flying around.
However this bird (above) looks too fat bodied?



Above. Soil Hill in the distance.

Some Buzzard Photos:-






Singing Mistle Thrush.


Carrion Crow.




Kingfisher in the west side trees.
Flushed soon after this photo.






Green Woodpecker






2 comments:

  1. It's a good spot up there at G T John. A good spot for vis-mig in the autumn. I suspect those Xbills will be there somewhere hiding away !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Dave.
    It was very pleasant up there and the Red Grouse moved my 'list' on by one!
    The colours were great ... Worth the effort.
    John

    ReplyDelete