Sunday 30 January 2022

Shelf Park Walk p.m.

A cold sunny start to the day with frost on the car.

As I set foot outside, 2 large Gulls were > nnw high in the sky.

I dashed inside for my camera but they were out of sight by the time I'd framed messen.

One was calling...1 note...then 1 note...  was all I heard.

Its possible they were Great Black-backed Gulls, its equally possible they were not (without the K).

I put it out on the grapevine hoping someone was birding Soil Hill and might see them.

We just managed an hour or so this afternoon walking around Shelf woods.

Not much happening, a couple of Nuthatch was as good as it got.

C40 Lapwing were in the trailer fields beyond Queensbury as we went past.

A few Gulls near Asda, Halifax and c180 Starling were on the wires on Pavement Lane, Illingworth also seen in passing.


Starlings and Jet streamers over Bradshaw a.m.








No comments:

Post a Comment