Tuesday 9 August 2022

Ogden a long hot slog

Another trip to Ogden this afternoon, I was probably out too late given the 24 degrees heat?

Trying for a 'special' I thought  I'd give the woods a try.

I set off up the main track towards Withens , leaving it in favour of the 2nd stile after all the trees finish on the right.

A hot walk through the woods and then NW over the clumpy grass brought me to the fence line, just before the moors start in earnest , near the wind turbines.

Feeling the heat, I then retraced some of the path before a left took me down through the woods back to the water.

A good long stint around the water followed, where I bumped into B.S. doing the rounds.

Birds:-

Tough going in the woods with what birds there were, very high in the canopy.

Coal Tits were in evidence but a decent photo of one was hard to get.

A Goldcrest low in some darkness wouldn't play ball either, constantly on the move before leaving in a hurry.

A few Willow Warblers and a potential Blackcap - but no photo record.

I did actually see the resident Common Sandpiper for only my second time,  as it flew, very low around  60 percent of the water to land miles off.

Also here:

3 Tufted Duck, 6 Cormorant, Great Crested Grebe, 2 Curlew.

The 'usual' Gulls as far as I could tell, included 1 common Gull.

This year is turning out to be probably my worst birding year.

Garden:

Green Woodpecker calling and a Buzzard on a distant pylon this a.m.

Yesterday Evening  - Local:

Little Owl - possibly 2 .

Canada Geese, Mistle Thrush.

Yesterday Evening:




Ride 'em Cowboy

Garden this Morning:


Ogden:



Soil Hill in the far distant


Final Destination

Some terreffyck photies:-




















No comments:

Post a Comment