Monday 8 August 2022

Worlds Worst Twitcher

I don't know why I insist on twitching days after the event, but sometimes life gets in the way of birding.

I had a late look-see for NK and DJS recent 'specials' near Ogden Golf Course this morning - a real scorcher with some water coming from places in my body I didn't know existed.

It was good to see an amazingly cool looking P.S. who came over the hill , as I arrived at Twitch-ville.

I enjoyed a longish chat before continuing the search - to no avail.

No time to do the water circuit today with Abi with us all week.

I had a cursory look from the promenade.

Later, as I went to answer a call of nature under a tree, a Barn Owl suddenly appeared.

Wish I'd have seen it - I would have stayed clear.

Late afternoon we took Emma and Abi down Shibden Park, 5 Must Swan and the usual crew here.

Birds:

Ogden Water:

Curlew on the far bank - at least 4 was all I could say.

Great Crested Grebe.

Bullfinch in the car park bushes.

Golf Course Area:

Smashing habitat.

3 Linnet, Willow Warbler, Goldfinch.

Herring Gull overhead.

3 Pheasant.

3 Jay.

 (A Raven was in the tress opposite our house this morning - the resident Carrion Crows were not happy bunnies).









No comments:

Post a Comment