Saturday 3 December 2022

Mytholmroyd Canal and Soil Hill

I had a few miles walk along the canal from Mytholmroyd to Tenterfields late morning.

A cool dark outing with some north in the wind.

Late afternoon I had a walk up to and around Soil Hill where a Labrador was charging about all over the fields, so I did not rate my chances of seeing anything very high, which turned out to be spot on.

The walk was 'dogged' by cold fine drizzle for a lot of the time.

This morning 4 Geese flew over the house, quite low.

I reported them as probably Pink Footed Geese but they are Greylags, now that I've had time to look at the photo and confirmation from some of the grapevine gang!

Elsewhere a Peregrine Falcon was seen.

Birds:

Canal Walk:

Long Tailed Tit, Cormorant, Moorhen.

109 Canada Geese ( 22, 14, 59, 4, 7, 3).

20 Mallard.

3 Goosander. 

2 Great Spotted Woodpecker.

Bullfinch, Nuthatch.

Kingfisher.

Soil Hill (Tough):

Kestrel (maybe 2).

2 Stock Dove.

Usual Black Headed and Common Gull with the odd large Gull over.

Nothing on the Hill itself.

Garden:

4 Greylag Geese - a Garden Tick,

Elsewhere:

Peregrine Falcon.














No comments:

Post a Comment