Thursday 25 July 2024

Bradshaw - Soil Hill (again). Shibden Park later

After yesterday's outing on Soil Hill, I though I'd give it another go but via the contour path that goes WNW from Percy Road corner to pass above the quarry. I went over the apex path then home via Ned Hill Track and Taylor Lane.

A humid outing but there was a refreshing breeze on the west side , where I bumped into DJB home after his travels.

Birds:-

Soil Hill etc.

Pretty dead compared to yesterday.

I flushed a Skylark just after I entered the fields on Percy Rd corner.

(can't be  many Skylarks still here?).

2 Kestrel (at least).

2 Stock Dove airborne.

Pheasant.

A Little Owl called SW of me as I was at Taylor Lane top.

A small group of Gulls were in a Roper Lane ploughed field, included 2 Herring Gulls others Gulls dotted about elsewhere.

Buzzard seen from Bradshaw Lane.

Greenfinch and a few others.

Shibden Park.

On Taylor Lane I got a phone call from Abi asking me to shoot home now! - she and her pal wanted to go to Shibden Park.

so .... I did as bade.

Birds.

c100 Black Headed Gull at one point.

Kestrel.

7 Coot (One with a leg ring).

3 Moorhen.

C30 Canada Geese.

1 White Goose.

A couple of odd, light coloured, Duck.

Not a lot else although "Merlin" reported a Treecreeper during my short venture into the woods - I did not eyeball it!

Peregrine seen on the usual chimney on the way to Shibden Park.

Pub Quiz:

In 1989 30 Million Brits watched the kiss in the climax of which brand of drink?

A Tetley

B Stella Artois

C Nescafe

D Knonenbourg 1664

Answer after the photos






Shibden Park.





Quiz Answer,

C Nescafe








No comments:

Post a Comment