Thursday 8 August 2024

Bradshaw Fields - Wednesday Evening / Bingley Canal Thursday

Bradshaw Fields:

I had my usual stroll up the local fields late evening on Wednesday.

A bit dull but dry.

Bingley Canal:

We caught the 502 bus from Bradshaw Church to Keighley this morning, followed by the Keighley -  Bradford Shuttle as far as Bingley.

We walked back towards Keighley along the canal passing Bingley 5 rise locks where a grandad and young kids where just approaching the 1st lock - that'll keep 'em busy for the rest of the day I thought,

We came off the canal at East Riddlesden Hall and caught the shuttle back to Keighley bus station.

Lunch was in Wetherspoons and I had Fish and Chips which is a treat as I do not normally have fish and chips because of the fat content, but today who cares?

Next was the 502 bus back to Bradshaw.

On the way out of Keighley we met three sets of road-work traffic lights.

The third set were stuck on red on a bend so we sat on the bus twiddling our thumbs for yonks before the driver got out, walked past the first car and shouted to the workmen.

A little while later the little magic Green shining thing appeared ahead , waved it's little green wand,  and ,off we jolly well went (I lied about the jolly bit).

They sure know how to dig up roads around here.

I just had a small camera with me today and it ligged in me pack early on (when all the good stuff were seen). 

When it finally awoke all the good stuff had left .Typical.

I went all dressed for the heavy rain,  that never came - now where is my "Sure" anti-perspirant  Roll-On , there is a funny hum in here.


There certainly isn't a funny Him in here.

(I can hear you  - you know).

Birds:-

Bradshaw,

2 Little Owl.

Kestrel.

Chiffchaff.

Stonechat (miles off ).

2 Stock Dove.

Bingley:

Heron.

8 Mute Swan.

House Martin.

Greylag Goose.

2 Swallow.

Pub Quiz:-

Which EU member state is home to the car manufacturer SKODA.

A. Czech Republic.

B. Bulgaria.

C. Hungary.

D. Spain.

Answer under the very ropy! photographs.






Bingley:


A photo I found on the small camera from Bridlington earlier in the month.
Looks like the Kittiwake has a broken wing here.




No comments:

Post a Comment