Monday 19 August 2024

Mandarin Duck Twitch

My car was in the garage today.... got it back at 17:45.

After tea I had a run down to Shibden Park to see if I could locate the Mandarin Duck, seen here earlier.

The weather was unkind with heavy downpours and it was very, very dark.

I did locate the Mandarin at the far (playground) end of the lake.

This is my 100th Calderdale Species this year and a long, long awaited tick having been on 99 forever! 

A poor do for me so far this year.

This morning I had a walk with Sue along the Thornton Old railway line - I forgot the café is shut on Mondays!

1 House Martin was with c10 Swallow hereabouts.

c23 Stock Dove together in a field was a new one on me.

Birds (Shibden Park).

Mandarin Duck.

Heron.

Possible Dipper legged it into the gloom!!

Moorhen,

2 Black Headed-Gull.

3 Coot

Pub Quiz.

In which London Park in London Zoo.


A. Green Park.

B. Hyde Park.

C. Regents Park.

D. St. James Park.

Answer below the photos.









Pub Quiz Answer.

C. Regents Park.


Last Evening.







No comments:

Post a Comment