Thursday 3 October 2024

Bradshaw - Soil Hill - Bradshaw

A great day to be on Soil Hill today with no wind to talk of and some sunshine to enjoy.
This was my 1st real chance to twitch DJB's YBW seen on Sunday (I was running out of light yesterday evening).I knew it was a longshot with the bird probably moved on and after a pleasant enough hour at the bottom of the north slope Sloped off (YBW-Less).

I don't often venture this far down the slope having just turned 32 years old  I find the steep climb, thistles and brambles a tad daunting - soft sod what I am.

Birds though , overall, were very kind to me today with some movement to keep my interest sharp.

Stonechat and Reed Bunting were my 'Birds of the Day' today.
Reed Bunt. being one of my favourite birds.

Birds:-

2 Kestrel.
C90 Canada Geese (c50 Bradshaw Fields, c40 Airborne East seen from North Slope bottom).
6 Mistle Thrush.
6 Stonechat.
c75 Goldfinch.
2 Reed Bunting.
3 Chiffchaff.
Bullfinch.
c30 Starlings.
2 Skylark,
3 Snipe .
Moorhen.
A few Gulls included the 4 usual species.
Pheasant.
and a few others.
























No comments:

Post a Comment