8:30 - 10:45
Quite a chilly outing today and a strong wind on Soil Hill Top was a surprise, given the weather forecast.
The sun made a feeble attempt to play out, but it probably decided to play Fortnite instead, so it couldn't be bothered.
An early start (for me anyhow) hoping to see some migration, with the same walk as yesterday,
Pink Footed Geese were reported from several areas this morning but somehow I did not see any, and with 360° viewing from Soil Hill Top I think I must have been looking through the wrong end of my bins!
Birds of the day were Green Woodpecker with 2 heard, One to my east as I walked up Bradshaw Lane to Taylor Lane and a second as I passed by East Croft nearer home.
I reported the Goldfinch flock on Soil Hill as 60 but looking at the photo it's probably nearer 120!
(Some) Birds:-
Kestrel.
C20 Meadow Pipit.
2 Raven.
2 Green Woodpecker
Nine Skylark
C180 (30 30 120) Goldfinch
2 Stock Dove
6 Swallow
Pied Wagtail
Rook.
Pheasant.
1 Little Owl.
No comments:
Post a Comment